Armchair Travel No.17
This week I took some armchair travel thru Boston and then all hell broke loose and I no longer had any boundaries.
- Since downsizing is floating around in my mind it was interesting to see that electric car charging stations are one of the amenities being offered in Boston Apartments these days.
- I can’t wait to see the outdoor sculpture created by Janet Echelman on the Boston Greenway. I’ve seen pictures of the venue, and the results are quite magical. The whole area is aglow at night. In addition, Calvin the Whale will be paying a visit for World Oceans Day. This green space in the center of downtown Boston has had such a positive impact on our city!
- After saying goodbye to a family property earlier in 2015, this story from National Geographic photographer Matt Propert tugged at my heartstrings.
- There’s been a lot of conversation on FB about haggling/bargaining when traveling. I have mixed feelings about it, and truthfully, am not very good at it. Some people have it in their blood. So if you are one, keep in mind that the most important thing is to make sure you don’t insult. Then follow some of Nick Rowland’s suggestions for How to Haggle without being a Jerk.
- It’s that time of year to plant herbs and if you need any information on the basics from in the garden to in the kitchen, doyenne of home keeping Martha Stewart has you covered.
- We’ve been seeing a lot of fashion films lately, but I think this one is going to be one of the best.
- Did you see evidence of my eating frenzy that took place in Costa Brava? You won’t believe your eyes.
- Finally, I am a big lover of anything pickled. In fact, I can probably eat an entire jar at one sitting. Eat Boutique has a great round up of pickle recipes for you to make now that we’re starting to reap the rewards of the growing season.
Enjoy the weekend everyone!