Armchair Travel No. 12
Fall is in full swing in New England and the weather has given us a taste of Indian Summer. A few rainy days took me to some decidedly October activities for this weeks Armchair Travel No. I also found myself planning for a few upcoming travel destinations in NYC and Copenhagen.
- Design Sponge shows us how to bring the outdoors in with these autumn DIY arrangements.
- A guide to the season’s best apple picking via food writer and photographer Aran Goyoaga.
- After all that apple picking, you might just have to make some Apple Cider doughnuts to go with the baked apples you’ll be no doubt making. They’re wonderful for sopping up all that deliciousness once apples get into the oven.
- The next time you’re in New York City, check with Harpers Bazaar for the chicest place to get your morning cup of java.
- Nordic style has created global influence that we’ve been seeing of late around the world. The new Noma inspired Radio restaurant in Copenhagen is no exception. Visit this new culinary destination.
- I’ve been hearing about the archipelagos in Sweden for years from a dear friend with a summer house there. Next year we just might get the chance to experience it. Reading about the Aland archipelago, Scandinavia’s secret islands, had me dreaming of mid-summer when the sun never sets.
- Finally I am completely smitten by Lorraine Loots teensy tiny 365 Painting Project. Take a peek at her Postcards for Ants, I guarantee you will be too.
This weekend marks the 50th anniversary of the infamous Head of the Charles, and I hope to get some great shots of the boats from the bridges stretching across the Charles. Happy Friday friends. What’s on your agenda?