There She Goes Again-India
I’m not really sure how this trip snuck up on me so quickly. In a few short hours I’ll be on my seventh trip to my favorite country-India-the land of color and wonder. Each time, I always enjoy the questions beforehand. She goes again-India? friends whisper to my husband. So many folks are curious and full of apprehension. What is it that keeps you going back they all ask. I love the curiosity and the opportunity to share all the wonderful characteristics and dispel rumors about a destination many would never dream of traveling to. Perhaps I can change their mind.
Travel this time around takes me to the state of Rajasthan, which translates to the Land of the Kings. I have visited once before , but only to the city of Jaipur. Udaipur of Octopussy fame, Jodhpur, Jaislamer and the a few small village towns in the desert are on the agenda. Rumor has it you will see me on a camel, as well as glamping it up sleeping in a tent. So what will it be like?
- There is a concept called chaotic, and everything in India takes it to a new level.
- That higher level can be said about everything there. My senses are ready to be assaulted in the very best of ways. Color, taste , smell, sight and sound will reach new levels for the rest of the month.
- There is an unimaginable level of poverty. Never has there been a place that makes me appreciate what I have at home more than India.
- Temperatures in Rajasthan this time of year range from high 40°F to highs in the 80°F. The desert can get pretty cold in the evening, so it’s key to dress in layers.
- The trees by the lakeside in Udaipur are home to large fruit bats and are great for the environment as they keep the insect population down. I will try to get my Zen on when we meet.
- Protective head gear is critical for sun protection-expect to see hats.
- No shoes are allowed in the temples, shoulders must be covered and no black in the Jain temples. All important to keep in mind when packing.
- Start saying Go With the Flow as soon as you get on the plane-repeat often!
The hand stitching detail on his smocked shirt was unlike anything I had ever scene. Crafts, textiles and workmanship are all extraordinary.
Flowers are everywhere. Weddings, temples, everyday flowers bring me joy.
People, families and children are so friendly. Being blond, in the villages everyone wants to touch your hair.
Color, color and more color. Time to finish packing my bags and get to the airport. Come back soon and make sure to follow along on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter where my updates will be more timely and you can see all the action. Wish me luck and safe travels!