Meatless Monday-A Little Green Cleanse
Doesn’t someone who writes a blog called Green With Renvy deserve to start the New Year with a little green cleanse?
I mean, why shouldn’t I be able to start 2012 with great resolutions just like everyone else. Tomorrow’s the start of the 3 dayer. I’m bringing along my daughter for support, and have my good girlfriend Janet to thank for the recipe she swears by:
Green Goddess Delight
- 1 head of romaine, 1 large handful of spinach
- 1.5 cups of water blend until contents are liquefied
- add 1.5 ribs of celery, blend
- 1 pear, 1 apple cut in chunks. I leave on the skin and only partially core. Recipe calls for green apple but I use whatever I have.
- 1/2 lemon with peel removed. Blend until fully liquified. Add about 1/2-1 cup of ice if you like it cold.
- Add a banana if sweeter taste is desired.
Wish us luck-I’ll let you know how it goes. Tomorrow I’ll be back with my 12 for 2012.