Go Green Sustainable Lifestyle for Spring
I’m not Irish, but warm weather and St. Patrick’s Day has me wanting to go green with these sustainable lifestyle choices for spring. My favorites are good tucked into a suitcase, but just as fab at home. We New Englanders need a dose of green just in time for St. Patrick’s Day.
1. Bracelets are something I love to wear and these flip flop bracelets are a lightweight choice that are great whether you’re on the road or at home. They’re inexpensive enough to stack in multiples and make a colorful accent. Made of recycled materials, and from a fair trade company in Mali they run about $1/each.
2. Kantha cloth is all over the design world and it is one of my most favorite things to pick up when traveling around India. Scarves are made in a much thinner version then their throw cousins, and are a perfect accessory for spring. Often made of silk from recycled saris, they are warm enough when there is still a chill in the air, and lightweight enough to wear in the warmer temperatures. If you won’t be in Delhi anytime soon, you can find a varied selection of colorful, hand stitched lovelies at Nomad.
3. Have you heard of Baggallini handbags? I’m a big fan of this fabric accessory collection. Since I like to wear a bag across my body, they are perfect for a smaller frame. Inside they are designed to hold everything with all the cute little compartments and keep you organized. This version of the excursion sling can be worn as a backpack.
4. Anyone following me on instagram knows that my Tieks have some around the world mileage on them. You can take a peek with the #TieksGWR hashtag. My infamous red pair took a beating on the cobblestone streets of Cuba, but keep on ticking. They are super comfy and fold in half to make a perfect shoe for tucking into a suitcase.
5. Have to throw a smoothy in as my perfect green lifestyle drink. I have one at least once a week with a recipe that depends on my fridge and love the way they make me feel.
6.Last but not least, how great is this warm weather, water repellant updated poncho-via from Nau. This stylish update is packable and best of all, made from recycled poly and organic cotton.
Now aren’t you feeling inspired to Go Green + add a little sustainability to your lifestyle. Come visit on instagram, i’d love to connect there.